SENCER offers a range of professional development opportunities in publishing, awards, and events.
SENCER posts job announcements as a service to our community. Announcements are posted to this site as they are received and are noted in bi-weekly editions of the SENCER eNews.
Educational Development Position at The College at the University of Rochester
The College at the University of Rochester is seeking candidates for an educational development specialist position for natural sciences & engineering in the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL). The educational development specialist supports CETL in the creation of new programming and with the administration and delivery of existing programing. The candidate will collaborate with CETL staff to select tasks and projects as the needs of the teaching and learning center evolve. The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. as well as proven experience in teaching and student support. The position is a 40-hour/week appointment.
- Teaches sections of the credit-bearing leader training courses for student-led collaborative learning programs, largely in STEM courses
- Works directly with faculty regarding the content and pedagogy of the training courses for student leaders and the supervision of the associated student-led groups
- Develops, administers, and implements training for teaching assistants, tutors, and study skills consultants
- Develops and administers learning support for students enrolled in STEM fields.
- Provides direct support for STEM students, individually and in groups
- Develops and administers teaching support for instructors in STEM fields
- Participates in the assessment of learning support programs for STEM courses
Master’s degree or higher in science, science education, or related field. Ph.D is strongly preferred. Two to five years experience in teaching and educational assessment. Experience in teaching & learning centers and/or collaborative learning programs a strong plus. TA training experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree with major course work in the field of assignment, and 2 years (prefer 2-5 years) in teaching and learning support. A year or more of post-baccalaureate academic work in field of assignment or a related field is desirable; or an equivalent combination of experience, training and education.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to:
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
University of Rochester
1-154 Dewey Hall ~ Box 270359
Rochester, NY 14627
Or e-mail to:
Subject header: Educational Specialist, CETL
To be considered for this position, applicants must also apply online.
Wheelock College Seeks Vice President of Academic Affairs
How to Post a Job Opportunity on SENCER.net
If you would like a paid or volunteer position to be posted on this site, please email a brief description and link to further information (or an email address/phone number applicants can contact) to email@example.com.
SENCER is not responsible for the content of these postings. Applicants should contact the organizations directly for more details and final deadlines.