Invited Institute Faculty and Workshop Leaders:
- Katayoun Chamany, Mohn Family Professor of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; Professor, Biology; Chair, Natural Sciences and Mathematics, The New School; SENCER Leadership Fellow and recipient of William E. Bennett Award for Citizen Science; SENCER Model Author: STEM Cells and Social Justice
- David Ferguson, Distinguished Service Professor and Provost’s Scholar for Diversity and Innovation, Stony Brook University; SENCER Leadership Fellow
- Theo Koupelis, Dean, Academic Affairs and STEM/Math Pathway, Broward College. SENCER Leadership Fellow, SENCER Model Author: Science, Society, and Global Catastrophes
- Karen Oates, Partner, Success For Higher Education, Professor and (Past) Peterson Family Dean of Arts and Sciences, Worcester Polytechnic Institute; Co-PI of SENCER; Co-Recipient, Bruce Alberts Award for Excellence in Science Education (2008)
- Sherryl Broverman, Associate Professor of the Practice, Biology and Global Health, Duke University; Founder Women’s Institute for Secondary Education and Research, Kenya; SENCER Leadership Fellow and recipient of William E. Bennett Award; SENCER Model Author: AIDS Research: Global Understanding and Engagement
- Marsha Semmel, Marsha Semmel Consulting, Senior Advisor for SENCER-Informal Science; Author, Partnership Power: Essential Museum Strategies for Today’s Networked World
- Jay Labov, Former Senior Advisor for Education and Communication, National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine; Woodrow Wilson Visiting Fellow, former chair, AAAS Education Section and current member AAAS Education Council’s Education Committee; SENCER Leadership Fellow
- Amy Shachter, Partner, Success for Higher Education; Senior Associate Provost for Research and Faculty Affairs, Santa Clara University; SENCER Leadership Fellow and Co-Director, SENCER Center for Innovation-West; SENCER Model Author: Chemistry and the Environment
- Kathleen Brown, Chair, Department of Geological, Environmental, and Marine Sciences, Rider University; Co-Director, SENCER Mid-Atlantic Center of Innovation.
- Jessica Monaghan, Supervisor of Science K-12, New Brunswick Public Schools
- Kurt R. Rhoads, Assistant Professor, Division of Engineering Leadership & Professional Practice, Department of Civil Engineering, Case Western Reserve University
- Glenn Odenbrett, SENCER Senior Fellow, Project Director, NCSCE’s Great Lakes Innovative Stewardship Through Education Network (GLISTEN).
- Bob Franco, Director, Office for Institutional Effectiveness, Professor, Pacific Anthropology, Kapi’olani Community College; SENCER Leadership Fellow,
Special Feature! Symposium on Assessment Strategies for Science and Civic Engagement
- Linden Higgins, Education for Critical Thinking, LLC (Chair)
- Matt Fisher, Professor of Chemistry, St. Vincent’s College; Co-Editor, Science Education and Civic Engagement: An International Journal; SENCER Senior Fellow and recipient William E. Bennett Award; Carnegie SoTL Scholar; Fellow, American Chemical Society.
- Davida Smyth, Associate Professor Biology, The New School; SENCER Senior Leadership Fellow.
- Catherine Duckett, Associate Dean, School of Science, Monmouth University.
- Yao Hill, Assessment Specialist, University of Hawaii-Manoa; Evaluator, NCSCE’s Transcending Barriers to Success: Connecting Indigenous and Western Knowledge